Another great line of products that you can find at Diffuser Specialist is our landscape lighting, including post light globes
A globe is an acrylic or polycarbonate plastic sphere, streetlamp, cube, cylinder, or special shape with accessories designed for aftermarket distribution. Diffuser Specialist offers a wide variety of American made plastic enclosures designed to fit your project’s specific needs. Here are a few of the varieties that we currently offer:
- Screw Necks – Made out of a variety of materials & in various sizes.
- No Necks – Also available in a variety of materials & in various sizes.
- Fitted & Twist Lock Necks – Made out of a variety of materials & in various sizes.
- Custom Necks – Simply contact us with the shape and approximate dimensions of the globe you are looking for and we will either find one or make a custom piece just for you.
Establishing Landscape Lighting…
…all begins with deciding how complex of a system you want to install. If you desire a bunch of lighting effects, then it is recommended to consult with a landscape lighting specialist regarding your options. But, a simple setup can be installed by most do-it-yourselfers in just a few days given the right equipment.
Here are some tips to keep in mind for those of you attempting to install post light globes on your own:
- Determine the purpose of your landscape lighting (security, highlighting features, setting a mood, etc.).
- Establish a map of your yard to determine where you want the light installed.
- Keep all post light globes clear of leaves and other debris to avoid overheating.
- Replace burned-out bulbs as soon as possible to keep the circuit balanced.
- Aim ground light strategically at trees, gardens, fountains, and the exterior of your home.
- Opt for low-voltage fixtures at 12 volts or less.
- Consider dimmers and other controls to make it easier to change the outdoor lighting scheme. For instance, motion-activated are ideal for lighting pathways and for security purposes. You can also choose sunlight-activated sensors that will shut off those exterior lights when they detect sufficient daylight.
What about solar lighting options?
There are many obvious benefits regarding solar outdoor lighting. For
instance, not only are they easy to install, but you don’t have to worry about
wires or electricity. The three main components of a solar light include
the solar panel, the battery, and the light. Consider installing solar flood
lights near the front entrance of your home or large trees, and accent lights
along stairs and walkways for safety.
To order post light globes from Diffuser Specialist, or to learn more about landscape lighting options, simply fill out the form found here. A highly-trained member of our team will be in touch shortly to complete your order.